June 1st-July 31st: Read and log your books!
Youth Summer Reading Program (Age 17 and under)
- For every 100 minutes you read up to 600 minutes, you'll earn a free book. Log 300 minutes total during June and July to officially complete the program and win your prize pack. Continue logging (up to 600 minutes) to earn more free books and additional ticket entries into the grand prize drawings.
- Complete 3 online activities in June to receive another ticket entry into the grand prize drawings.
- Complete 3 more online activities in July to receive another ticket entry into the grand prize drawings.
Adult Summer Reading Program (Age 18 and up)
- Log 6 books total during June and July to complete the program, win your prize (a mini lantern, mini hot/cold pack, & $5 in library bucks), and be entered into the prize bundle drawing. Read 2 more books (for a total of 8 books read during June and July) and get another entry into our prize bundle drawing.
- Complete 3 online activities in June to receive another entry into the prize bundle drawing.
- Complete 3 more online activities in July to receive another entry into the prize bundle drawing.
Summer Reading Kick-Off - June 2ndPatrons are invited to join Kansas City, Kansas Public Library at Boulevard Drive-In to celebrate the start of our Summer Reading Program on the evening of Thursday, June 2nd with a FREE movie, Shrek (2001)! Local author Daniel Miyares will also be there to hand out signed copies of his children's book. Each car will receive one FREE book while supplies last.
Get Directions to Boulevard Drive-In
- 7:00pm -- Gates Open
- 8:00pm -- Pre-show entertainment will include bubbles, games, summer reading sign-up, and a free book giveaway from local author Daniel Miyares
- 9:15pm -- Shrek (2001) Movie Starts
Online Reading Log
or download the Beanstack Tracker App to log
Paper Reading Log
For those reading in groups, use these links to sign up and track your group's reading.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is it for?
Summer reading is for patrons of all ages! The youth summer reading program is for children from birth through those entering their final year of high school. The adult summer reading program is for those after Grade 12 and beyond.
- How do I participate?
Register online via Beanstack. Read books, log your minutes or books read, and complete the activities to earn prizes!
- What are the online activites?
After registering via Beanstack, online activities for the month of June and July will be shown during those months. Complete 3 online activities each month to earn another entry into the grand prize drawing.
- How do we pick up our prizes?
All prizes will be available to pick up from June 1-August 31st. (Please note the program ends July 31st and no more logging or entering of tickets can occur after that date, but prize pick up is extended for one month after.) Prize packs available while supplies last. The participant must be present to pick up prizes.
- I can't access an online log, what are my options?
You can print off a paper log to track your logging. Or if you need assistance with Beanstack, librarians will be able to help you in person or over the phone to log your minutes read.
- How do I register on Beanstack?
For help registering on Beanstack, email SummerReading@kckpl.org